Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's a 'NO day




So here we are, stuck at home: Whoopee, snow (and ice) today. All outside responsibilities are erased today (of course Papaschnuck went in to work) but no school, no Religious Ed in the afternoon, no pre-school, no gymnastics (OK that was yesterday but it was cancelled also). Nothing like a snow day ( "a NO day") to make you stop and take a complete time out. OK OK I know I have my monster 2500 Suburban than has 4 wheel drive and it would take a lot more that a few inches of snow and ice to truly strand us at home but give me a little latitude. I enjoy these days almost as much as the kids. I can remember the excitement of listening to the radio and hearing that school will be cancelled for the day. Freedom! The kids felt the same this morning.


Of course, they had been out Monday and Tuesday for "teacher planning". Yes, I know, next year I will be screaming for more planning time but our teachers here seem to get a HUGE amount of time to "plan". They even had 3 planning days in the last 30 days of school last year. That, combined with the amount vacation and sick time, and the volume of parental help that happens in the classrooms, its hard not to be a bit cynical about the amount of planning time teachers receive and how much they are without kids, in the building. Before I start to get nasty e-mails, I do think teachers are miracle workers and it is a job I could never do (well.... I mean for other people's kids).

Anyway. They have had such fun in the snow I have decided to post come pics of their antics. I wanted to put up a video but my computer is not behaving and is in a time out (or will be when I am done here). So, a 'No day today, just a blip off the calender, it comes and goes, everyone out of routine and when you return to the world, back into your busy hectic life, you think to yourself, Hmm did I lose a day? The answer is 'NO.















































No comments: