Friday, June 5, 2009

The Room

Well, we are moving along on the room.  Things are starting to come together and it is beginning to look like a place, where we at least have the environment to learn.  My very good friend’s husband was fortuitously closing a office and I was able to get some really terrific (slightly) used office chairs and tables for  price I couldn’t refuse down.

my desk

This is my desk, I confess, I love it.  I am already using is as often as I can. The artwork is from those little Schnuckies.  I found some “floating” frames at Joanne’s on sale and bought a bunch.  They have 2 panes of glass you place the wart work between and it makes them look terrific and displays them rather professionally.

 homeschool room 008In a rampant fit of domesticity, I actually made the curtains.  I used my grandmother’s sewing machine (ancient but a work of art). Though the hems suffer a bit, they are all the same length and I for a novice, I think they Grandma's sewing machinelook really great.

 

 

PapaSchnuck has been working on the computer network system and has managed to link up my laptop with two desktops and a few printers, (mostly wireless I might add)  Very neat to sit here and print in the other room or send a document to another computer.  Best of all, since he figured out how to do it all, he is my new IT Geek, and if there is a problem  he can fix it. 

kids computer

This is one of the desks for one of the student computers, but it is temporary as Papschnuck is going to make a long wrap-around the wall desk-top (I’ll update the picture when its done)'.

 

The book case (thought I have others, this is “THE BOOKCASE” ) is kids desk and shelveshuge and my books look positively meager in it despite the fact that I have been accumulating curriculum for months.

I went to a used homeschool book sale the other day and snagged a bit more.  I know I will look back on this picture and laugh as I will be overflowing before too long.  Happily, Schnucks love books.

homeschool room 011

Another desk provides even more space to write and learn.  I must admit, I had my doubts about making a “classroom” but I think it looks good and the kids are excited.  Its getting closer…

No comments: