Friday, December 5, 2008

Perfect pictures





Well there they are, Rub a dub dine, four Schnucks in a line. This was one of those pictures you can't plan out too much. It is rare that I can get a halfway decent picture of all of them at the same time, in some organized fashion. Inevitable one or another will be putting up rabbit ears, sticking out a tongue, or pouting because I began screaming Be quiet, sit still, and smile darn it!! They would much rather be silly and goof off and ruin a perfectly good picture than to sit pretty for a half a second while I construct a memory to last a lifetime. As I sit down and try to put together our Christmas card this year, (Yes I am one of those dreaded friends who creates a "newsletter" Christmas card filled with pictures of the kids) I realize that more and more my pictures tend to be candid, resulting is some glorious shots, and many more, not so much. The kids have fingers in noses and scowls on faces, they are showing off bellies and other various places (gee that last line reads like a song from The Sound of Music, these are a few of my favorite things). I now learn to have a camera ready at all times, take lots each time, and beg, bribe, and threaten when I really want a specific structured shot.

So while perfection in light and composition are sorely lacking in most all of my pictures, the sparkle of personality comes through. The picture below was the one I promised to them if they let me take the one up top. Somehow, I like it just a little bit better.











No comments: