Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Activities complicate a well oiled machine

Well, let me be more precise, they make it slightly harder to do all the things that are suppose to get done, without more juggling.  But we are managing.  I am really and truly amazed at how easily this seems to be flowing.  Who’d a thought that they would not only accept their assignments but also embrace them.  Schnuckie 7 and 9 are both pretty much managing their own time and coordinating with me for the teaching part of the lessons.  Then I try to juggle Schnuckie 3 and 5 into the mix, trying to pay more attention to 5 in order to provide her the required teaching but not park 3 in front of the TV too much.  Wait,

OK OK STOP-  This is to hard, I just can’t be expected to think in code, I keep having to go back and cover their names and now I am numbering them.  ENOUGH! Ben is my 9 yr old; Matt is 7; Jenny (Jenny-pie) is 5 and Nate (Nater-tater tot) is 3.  There, it’s out there, for all the world to see.  I am sorry PapaSchnuck but I can’t do it anymore. Now I won’t get mixed up and can not worry about ant anymore.

SO.. where was I?  we have added in activities and have found that  this seems to make the coordination of academics a bit more challenging, but we are figuring it out.  It is so much nicer to go to the playground than tackle Math, or hit the Ma and Pa hiking Trail than try to memorize prepositions.  We are adding in Art club for all, gymnastics for 2, and a few other fun things and its miraculous how the hours melt away during the day.  So far we are doing OK.  On we go…

No comments: