Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July






Happy Independence Day



This is one of my favorite holidays as there is something really great about a small hometown parade. My oldest (this year, two of them) Cubscouts are always on a float in the parade and seem to have a ball. I usually park myself on the curb and cheer with the other Schnuckies at all the interesting floats. The variety is terrific: from the local Ice Rink, to the Public Works dump Trucks, all the various Miss Maryland (and jr. misses), to Uncle Sam on stilts (Who, I noticed,was actually a woman this year, so auntie Samantha).The firetrucks, and baton twirlers and every local High school (public and private). The usual politicians came through, some receiving more enthusiam than others. (I myself have some issues with our govenor and out representative, but that is another blog). What fun, and even more so watching through the eyes of a child. Small town America.



GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Happy 4th of July!

No comments: