Thursday, July 16, 2009

Franklin Hills Sloppy Jake, my sweet sweet boy.

Our 14 1/2 year old Yellow Lab passed away this past weekend. I had to tell the kids while we were up in NJ visiting my mom. They were devastated and it was one of the hardest things I have had to do as a parent as I had to bring them such pain and sadness. Papaschnuck got Jake from a breeder from Scranton PA when he was a mere 8 weeks old. Sweet, sweet Jake was a wonderful boy, really the best. Just dumb enough never to question any command; gentle enough to tolerate all four monkeys at all ages; tolerant enough to handle other dogs and a cat sharing the house, kind enough to patiently wait while everyone in preschool petted him during a party and lovable enough to always have a wet sloppy kiss waiting.
Jake gave us 14 1/2 years of the best and hopefully lived everyday as contentedly as he appeared to. He was truly like a child to me (before I actually had children) and a dog that was both special and rare in a kind of way you don't fully appreciate until they are gone. I will miss his sweet face, his eager tail, and his lovable self. Rest in Peace darling, after all these years, you deserve it.









No comments: