Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New Computer

Well, I had a really fun post on my new computer but somehow in my excitement, I lost  the whole posting.  Papaschnuck came home on Monday with a new laptop.  It was a Mother’s Day/ Homeschool gift. Never underestimate that man’s ability to multitask.  (Hey it really beat the “It broke and we really need another one”/Christmas vacuum that I got a few years ago).  At any rate.  The Schnuck’s have a new computer, (actually 2 as we also have another desktop that was given to us by a good friend) and Papaschnuck is busy making a home network for the (now) three computers.  The goal is to help in homeschooling as we want to be able to utilize technology to make things easier.  And with everything that is designed to make your life easier it requires an enormous effort to set up and use effectively.  So we are off and running in our new home network, well maybe we are limping along at this point as things are not fully functional, but it is exciting.  In the meantime I am busy exploring my new toy.  By far, the most fun, besides the mobility, is the built in web camera.  Here let me show you:

143911

there I am, at the kitchen table, typing away.  And Schnuckie8 is down on the other computer and I do not even begrudge giving it up as I now have my own.  I hope that this new toy I mean tool, will allow me the ability to better blog, better organize, and more effectively teach (not in that order).

wheeeeeeee!!!!!

No comments: