Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Peace

I sit here at 1:40pm on a Tuesday afternoon, we have yet to accomplish ANY academic work today, and surprisingly I am not panicking.  As I type, I look out the front window and see the kids (dressed in inappropriate clothing for a mild December  afternoon Including one pair of rain boots, an oversized short-sleeved soccer shirt, at least one barefoot and 2 in socks and not a coat to be seen) playing on the driveway and drawing on chalk.  They have been out there fro almost an hour after they departed the lunch table with a potato chip and a hammer to see what might happen (OK OK the result is predictable but you tell that to a group of enthusiastic scientists).  At any rate, I am sure we are solidifying the impression to all the neighbors that homeschoolers are crazy and the children are not only not educated but neglected to boot.

So, I sit here, 1:47 ( so, I’m a slow typer, so what?), fire crackling a few feet away from me,  puppies sleeping by the door and I realize it is actually peaceful in the house… dare I say quiet? You can be sure, I am NOT calling them back in to start their work.  It may be a late afternoon but  moments like this are far to precious to waste……oops here comes one, barreling inside (with a hammer). Oh well.  It was nice while it lasted.  OK then,  on to academics.

No comments: